Important Information For Indoor Patients.
Booking timely appointment avoids disappointments!
To book a date for surgery
- Kindly take an admission note from our front desk mentioning the type of surgery, the side to be operated, date of admission / surgery & desired room type.
- Please confirm that the name and address has been recorded correctly. Changes will not be possible once receipts & bills have been generated.
- Please note that rooms will be provided based on availability on the day of admission.
- A deposit needs to be paid for booking the operation theater. Kindly note that this deposit is non refundable.
- We don’t accept CASH. We accept payments Demand draft, credit or debit cards, bank transfer or UPI.
- If you are paying by credit card/debit card, kindly ensure that the Debt/Credit limit is adequate to cover the entire estimated cost of your surgery.
- We do not accept cheques & American Express Card.
- For foreign nationals a copy of the patient’s passport & visa is mandatory. Kindly submit a copy at the time of admission. We do not accept foreign currency.
Refer to our checklist, stay relaxed and leave the rest to us!
On the day of surgery
- Photo ID is mandatory at the time of admission (Passport, Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving License or School/College ID Card).
- Pan Card is Mandatory (In case of minor patient, either of parent’s Pan Card).
- Do not eat or drink anything (not even water) at least 6 hours prior to the time of your surgery.
- Please carry all reports & investigations & a physician’s fitness certificate (if specifically requested) with you.
- A responsible attendant must accompany the patient. Without one in attendance, surgery shall not be carried out.
- Insurance documents that need to be filled & signed must to be brought along as well.
- Use a hair removing cream to clean the area around the operating area, the night prior to surgery. For knee surgery – remove hair from the full leg. For shoulder surgery – the front half of the chest, the upper back and under-arm (axilla) on the side to be operated.
- A full body bath is essential prior to surgery and the area to be operated (surgical area) should be cleaned with an antibacterial soap, like Dettol.
- Carry a pair of loose, comfortable clothes to the hospital.
- Full payment of the estimated total cost of surgery and hospitalization needs to be paid Two days prior to surgery. It must be a Bank to Bank transfer. Do not deposit cash in our bank account. Kindly take bank holidays and weekends into consideration.
- Kindly note that the actual final bill and the estimate given, may not be exactly the same. Additional charges above the estimated amount, will be intimated a day prior to discharge and must be paid a day prior to discharge.
- Kindly note, that some of our charges undergo revision on the 1st of April every year and hence estimates provided for surgery may also change.
- Refundable amounts will be returned by cheque in the name of the patient, within a week of discharge.
We take care of your needs and comfort!
When you check in for surgery, you shall be handed
- A pair of Bermuda shorts
- A shirt/gown
- Pillow cover & bed-sheet, bedcover & a blanket.
- Remote control of the TV.
All the above items must be returned at the time of discharge. Any missing or damaged items will be charged to your account.
- Discharge time is 7 am.
- Extension of stay: Patients’ extending their stay beyond 7 am will be charged an extra ½ day’s Room Rent and those staying beyond 12 noon will be charged an additional full day’s Room Rent.
- Admission before 3 pm will be charged a full day’s Room Rent.
- Admission after 3 pm will be charged ½ day’s Room Rent.
We request your support in order to serve you better!
Other important information
- On day 1 (day of admission) food will only be provided to the patient. Attendants can order food (at an extra charge) from day 2 onwards, if they have registered a request with the nursing staff on day 1 itself.
- We do not serve Jain food or Vegan food.
- No food service on Sundays.
- Please make sure you leave all your valuables/ jewelry at home. We are not responsible for the loss of any such valuables during your stay at Sportsmed Mumbai.
- Please keep your mobiles on silent/vibratory mode within the hospital premises.
- Kindly keep TV volumes to the minimum so that others are not inconvenienced.
- Consumption of non-vegetarian food or alcohol and smoking are not permitted within the hospital premises. In case of breach of these norms, we may be forced to transfer the patient out of the hospital premises.
- Only one attendant will be allowed to stay with the patient.
- Avoid bringing children below 12 years to the hospital.
- The entire bill must be paid through credit/debit card, UPI, Demand Draft in favour of “Sportsmed Mumbai Pvt Ltd ” or bank transfer before the patient can be handed over the discharge card and final receipt.
- For direct bank transfer, our bank details are:
Name: Sportsmed Mumbai Private Limited
Bank Name: Axis Bank Limited
A/C No: 913020056250902
A/C Type: Current
Branch Name: Gokhale Road
RTGS/NEFT/IFSC Code: UTIB0002478
- Indoor billing must be completed between 7 a.m. & 5 p.m.
- We do not encourage any tipping of staff.
- In case you need any help or further clarifications, please contact the Hospital Administrator.